Saturday, January 2, 2010

the one where i decide the internet needs another food blog

In the summer of 2006, between my junior and senior years of college, I went to Utah and became a vegetarian. I'd sort of been thinking about it for a while, but there were a couple of factors that finally made it happen: 1) neither of my roommates ate meat (one was vegetarian and one was vegan), and 2) within a few weeks of getting there, I gave myself food poisoning by eating leftover chicken. The only problem was that I knew about three vegetarian recipes, so I spent the summer eating oatmeal, quesadillas, black bean chili, and rice.

I'm no food expert, but I've learned a lot since then. Most importantly, I've learned that vegetarian food can be awesome, and that I really like to cook it. So, here I am, starting a food blog. Hi.

When I say that I'm vegetarian, some people get defensive or decide that they need to tell me why they still eat meat (I could never be a vegetarian because I love fried chicken/tofu makes me barf/I hate cows!). I always want to say, Okay. More vegetables for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment